DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Accepted Solution

I tried to file tax return for my son. Not sure why it didn't allow me to file it electronically.

I tried to file tax return for my son. I don't know why H&R Block Tax software didn't allow me to file it electronically. Instead, it instructed me to print and file through mail. I need to pay for the tax. The software gave me options to pay using credit card or mail it. I thought paying credit card I could file electronically. So I paid the tax using credit card with surcharge. But it turns out, I still need to mail it. So I want to see if I could cancel the credit card payment, instead I would prefer just mail it with a check, if I have to mail it either way.

Thanks for your help

Ming

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: I tried to file tax return for my son. Not sure why it didn't allow me to file it electronically

If you paid to file electronically but were rejected, the payment on your account is an authorization only and will drop off after some time (time depends on your financial institution). We only complete the charge when an e-file is successful.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

Re: I tried to file tax return for my son. Not sure why it didn't allow me to file it electronically

I don't have an option to file electronically for my son's return. That is the first question I was trying to ask. The second question is if I used the link from HRBlock to pay the tax, can I cancel that? I would rather to pay with check if I have to mail the tax return for my son.

Associate (Pioneer)

Certain forms and tax situations are not able to be e-filed. If you followed a link to a third party service to pay taxes due, you will need to reach out to that service to see if you can cancel. If you utilized PayUsaTax, their contact information can be found here: https://www.payusatax.com/IRS/Support/ContactUs

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO