Your Taxes

Joe
Joe
Accepted Solution

where would my IP PIN go at on this efile

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: where would my IP PIN go at on this efile

I believe when completing the FED return the last section of the interview is Misc. There is a list of special circumstances with checkboxes. One asks if you've received an Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) from the IRS. 

Put a check in the box, which unlocks the field to enter their 6-digit IP PIN.

If this doesn't solve your question you can reach product support at 1-800-HRBLOCK, Press 2.

Thanks, JerryG

JRRivera

You're absolutely correct just when I was about to call customer support and curse them out I found your solution. Thanks !

holder45

This is not a good design and creates a poor user experience.  Only after several e-file rejections, was I able to find the small checkbox that allows you to enter the IP PIN.  This should me made obvious as an option on the final e-file page where you can enter a standard IRS issued PIN with 5-digits or the IP PIN with 6-digits.  And then it was just a guess as to whether the 5-digit PIN was also required.

Please amend the directions in the FED interview to make it obvious that the IP PIN box should be checked AND that the standard 5-digit PIN from IRS must also be entered in e-filing stages.