Your Taxes

Pioneer
doodlebug

refund

I filed on jan 23rd was accepted the 26th and recieved and email from h&r block that day. but i was delayed because of the form 8863. i have recieved nothing more from h&r block after the 14th which was the date the irs was going to accept the 8863 form and the where's my refund says processing and when i call the h&r block customer service they send me to a recording that says the irs has not sent it to block yet but i should recieve my refund by the 20th of this month which would be 21 days from the 20th the date the irs opened. can anyone tell me where i can find out if my taxes are really being processed or if i need to have them send them again because of the delay of form 8863. I have been really disappointed with block this year and after 12 years of going there i will not be returning next year.

ariesram77

Re: refund

I filed my taxes 1-30-13 with the education form 8863 and they were accepted by the IRS on 2-14-13, as of today 2-26-13 The IRS website still says my return has been accepted allow 21 days they have not given me any dates or any other info..

Pioneer
Runtschke

Re: refund

Ok, So here is some information I obtained by my research on the internet. I submitted my tax return on the 28th of January, with no news until the 14th of February. That was also when I found out thatthe IRS was not accepting 8863 forms until that date. Now I find out that anyone who filed (and submitted) befor the 14th of February with this form was initially rejected and had to go thru the error and resolution department with the IRS. Once these forms were accepted on the 14th they had to be corrected and the information had to be put onto updated forms. This took about 5 days from the date it was accepted. From some other blogs that are out there, many people are saying that the IRS has told them that they should see their returns between the 4th and the 14th of March. I agree with you, and I wish I had been more informed on this from both HR Block and the IRS. We do our best to get in and have everything taken care of as quickly as we can, and we end up getting penalized for it.

I hope i put your mind at ease about this.