Your Taxes

dianaschardan

Why haven't I received a direct deposit date on my tax refund yet?

My return was accepted on 2/2/14. I have not gotten a direct deposit date yet. Many people on other tax refund forums have already gotten dates and/or refunds via direct deposit. My taxes are very simple, I am low income and only made about 10k last year. I have a 5 yr old, so I was able to get credits. IM currently laid off, I have NO other income coming in, so getting my refund seriously dictates whether my daughter and I eat well, or she just eats enough to not have a tummy ache. IM very desperate for some substantial answers as to where my refund is at. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you! Diana s.

barbaro

Re: Why haven't I received a direct deposit date on my tax refund yet?

This will not make you feel better but I filed on Jan 16th and the IRS accepted my return on Jan 24th.  I still get "processing" message with no date.  I am beyond upset.  All the worthless tools they give you to check will not help and the IRS will not talk to you.  There is nothing we can do.  Im sorry for us both.

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: Why haven't I received a direct deposit date on my tax refund yet?

dianaschardan,

Welcome to the Community. Unfortunately once the IRS has accepted your return it is in their hands and there's not much you can do to hurry the process. The IRS says that 9 out of 10 refunds are issued within 21 days of your return being accepted. The IRS Where's My  Refund site is still the most accurate indicator of your status. I wish I could provide more information.

To check the status of your tax refund you can visit www.irs.gov/Refunds/ or call 1-800-829-1954.  If you have additional questions please call us at 1-800-HRBLOCK (472-5625).

Good luck.

JerryG