Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your Taxes

Mamateetee

Refund Anticipation Check

What good is this if you have to wait for the IRS to approve return and issue funds?

Valued Pioneer
RemedialBryan

Re: Refund Anticipation Check

I agree. I had to pay $25 for an RAL, but I still have to wait. If  had known that I would have gone elsewhere...

quick

I agree with all of you, I got my taxes done on January 30, 2013.  I spent the extra 25 dollars to get a RAC ( Refund Anticipation Check).  The I.R.S. accepted my refund on the 14th of February, so I should have gotten my RAC deposited on my emerald card between February 22, 2013 to March 07, 2013.  Well, today is March 14, 2013 and I still have not gotten my refund, I am very frustrated with this whole situation.  I have been an H & R Block customer for 11 or 12 years now.  I called the office I went to about the fees associated with the RAC, to find out if they will be refunded back to me since I haven't gotten my refund yet and I received an e-mail from H & R Block stating it could take up to 4 to 6 more weeks for me to get my refund.  I can't begin to tell all of you how frustrated I am with this whole situation.

Associate
JoanneH

The Refund Anticipation Check (RAC) is not well-named, and I wish we could change that.

When you pay extra for the RAC (whether it is actually an office-issued check, a deposit to an Emerald card, or a direct deposit to your bank account) you're not paying to get the money faster. You're paying for the convenience of haviing your tax prep fees withheld from your refund.

I take extra time to explain this to my clients because I've seen so many people get confused-- and that's understandable, especially if you think back to the days of Refund Anticipation Loans (RAL) where people did get "their" money fast, because they were getting **loans**.

I hope this helps.

Joanne

Pioneer
adamp1916

If you feel like dealing with 49 idiots that refuse to ever call you back or follow up on escalations, eventually you can get them to refund you everything you paid them for their "service."   You'll robably have to cxall back after you get a check for less than they told you and then wait again for another check, because their awesome "Tax experts" can't even match a dang number off of a receipt.

Going on two months of escalations without ever hearing a single thing back.  Horrible company. Horrible service.  Every time I see your stupid commercial with those morons saying "bring it on herpa derp" I want to smash my TV.  HRB has the worst customer service ever.