Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your Taxes

karaeileen

HR Block fees deducted from Return

Hi,

I filed on 1/30 online with HR block.  I was accepted on 1/31 according to your system.  The IRS said I was accepted 2/1 or 2/8 depending on the rep.  However, on Saturday I called again because the WMR site and phone number were down for me for 4 days.  Mr. Tucker (very nice rep) told me that my dd is scheduled for 2/18, but since that's a holiday to expect it 2/19.  I am having my fees paid for through the refund.  How long will it take me to receive the funds from HR block bank?  I always have used turbo tax in the past and had my refund the same day the IRS sent it to SBBT.  I'm hoping your system is the same.

Thanks!

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: HR Block fees deducted from Return

karaeileen,

Thanks for the note. I have read that the IRS' WMR site has been under very heavy traffic but didn't know it had gone down.

I've been told by our customer service team that If the IRS says your refund should happen on a certain day, HRBB will make the deposit on that day.  If HRBB is depositing into your personal checking account, there may be a slight delay depending on the deposit criteria set by your bank. Some banks will put a hold on ACH deposits between banks to verify the funds are actually available.

You can speak with a customer service representative at 1-800-HRBLOCK, press 0 if you'd like to confirm.

Can I ask why you chose H&R Block this year instead of TurboTax?

Thanks, JerryG

karaeileen

Re: HR Block fees deducted from Return

Thank you very much for the reply.  I choose H&R Block this year because I had problems with the customer service provided by Turbo Tax last year.  I had a question regarding W2G winnings and it took 3 phone calls and over 4 hours on hold to get it answered.  So I thought I would try another company this tax season.  Thanks!