Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your Taxes

Pioneer
charlescombs953

1121 refund delay on wheres my refund

My return was e-filed on  1-27-14 but is showing code1121- refund delayed lady on phone line at irs says it was a glitch in the system with a bunch of other returned scheduled for direct deposit on 2/6 and was frozen My re.She gave no time for it to be processed or any helpful info.My refund was not for direct deposit it was for paper check. No one can tell me anything including the irs, The message says TAKE ACTION. What action can i take? it was a simple return so i dont understand what could have gone wrong. Ive never had any issue like this before. I wish someone could please tell me something. I would really appreciate the help.

crl
crl

Re: 1121 refund delay on wheres my refund

Welcome to the club  :smileywink:  We have a group on facebook (1121).  this is what we've been able to find out.  Part of the issue if the IRS system had a glitch and gave out wrong direct deposit dates for people who filed early.  H & R Block states that they keep the refunds until 1/31/2014 but that wasnt the case - most people that were 'accepted' early are having this issue (over 15,000 people). The IRS won't tell you anything other than you will get a letter, you may or may not get a letter, you are being audited, you have to wait 21 days plus an additional 2-3 weeks.  Bottom line is that there is no update, it's a waiting game.  I wish I had better info, but this is all we've been able to get  :/

Community Manager
JerryG

charlescombs953,

Welcome to the Community. There is a lot of inaccurate information related to the Code 1121 issue posted online. Here is a link to a statement the IRS recently released regarding the issue: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Filing-Season-Update

Key points:

• Receiving this code does not mean you are being audited.
  • You are advised to continue to check Where's My Refund for updates.
  • You will not necessarily have to wait longer than 21 days for your refund.
  • If the IRS needs more information from you they will contact you by mail.
  • If you have not received your refund within 21 days of your return being accepted you should call the IRS

I hope this is helpful.

JerryG

Community Manager

crl
crl

Jerry,

The reason there are so many different stories about this code is because the IRS is never consistant with what's going on!  I personally have been told 10 different things (and only called 3 times). The statement provided by the IRS doesn't give any type of clarification due to the fact that they can't keep their answers straight.

Pioneer
charlescombs953

Has anyone out there who had their refund delayed with the 1121 code actually got their federal refund yet?MIne changed from1121 delay to saying it was recieved and is processing but it has been saying that for nearlya week!? How long could it take to process a simple return?!