Your Life

Your Life

Major life milestones often have a major tax impact. Changes in your marital status, having a baby or adopting a child can have significant impact on your taxes. This is the place to ask questions about dependents, real estate, and other various scenarios that play a significant role in what taxes you pay.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-04-2018


hello i have gotten married, changed my name and changed my state of residency since i last filed with H&R Block how do i change my information on my online account.

Trusted Council Member
Posts: 6,191
Registered: ‎02-23-2016

Re: married

Hi singingwife,




Welcome to the H&R Block community.


There are some things you can change and some that you can't.  You can change your password, but you cannot change your username or email address.


You can change general information in your account settings.


If you have any difficulty figuring out how to do that you're welcome to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK.  Since they have access to things like that a support agent will be able to guide you through how to do it.


If you would like to change your username or email address though the only way to do that is to create a new account with your new email address.  Once you pass the security check in the new account all of your information will be available in your new account and you can delete the old one.





Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)