Your Life

Your Life

Major life milestones often have a major tax impact. Changes in your marital status, having a baby or adopting a child can have significant impact on your taxes. This is the place to ask questions about dependents, real estate, and other various scenarios that play a significant role in what taxes you pay.

Pioneer

local taxes

Hello and good morning,

On my spouses w2 it lists 2 local taxes however on the form it only allows for 1 local to be entered, Do I need to do the other local by entering the state twice even though its the same state.

Highlighted
Associate (Council Member)

Re: local taxes

Hello Luvinjerry619. Welcome to The Community.

I am assuming your question is in reference to either a filing online or tax software issue (neither of which I am familiar with). However one possible workaround I can think of would be to list your state a second time, but do not enter the state wages or state taxes withheld (or enter a "0") on the new line. This may allow you to enter the additional local wages/taxes.

Give that a try. And if you continue to experience problems, you should contact the Do-It-Yourself support at 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625). I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)