Your Life

Your Life

Major life milestones often have a major tax impact. Changes in your marital status, having a baby or adopting a child can have significant impact on your taxes. This is the place to ask questions about dependents, real estate, and other various scenarios that play a significant role in what taxes you pay.

Pioneer

My account is lock

I tried to log into my account to approval my paperwork and got lock out, How long will it take to get back into my account.

Client Support

Re: My account is lock

Thank you for joining the Community! If it is a temporary block, you will only be blocked out for 20 mins. If you can not access your account after 20 mins please contact our Support Team at 1-800-472-5625. I hope everything works out for you, have a nice day!

-Misti

Pioneer

Don't bother calling the customer care. If your locked out of your account and can't remeber all the information needed to reset the password online there is nothing they can do for you. They can't trigger a reset email to be sent to you. So if you can't reset your password yourself you have no way to login and access any of your tax information. I've done my taxes with them for 20 years and for at least 5 online and the basicly we're sorry but there is nothing anyone can do and if you want the copies of the tax returns you filed online you'll have to go get them from the IRS.

They said it is to make it secure, don't know why it wouldn't be secure for them to be able to trigger the reset email to the email they have stored as being my email. Bottom line is take make sure it is secure they've made it so you need to write down the password and all your security question answers just in case you don't remember them (for a system you only use once a year).

Tax Pro

Hi Spanholtz,

Welcome to the community.

If you create a new MyBlock account you'll have access to your tax returns that were saved and/or filed.  You might also try going through online chat support for the software to see about res-setting your password if you would like to keep the same account.

Hope this helps.

Pioneer

I'm curious to know how.  I'm currently locked out of approximately 7 years worth  of tax returns because of this.  I tried to set up a new account, but when I check that I've previously filed with H&R Block Online, it tells me to log out and access the other account (or use the can't access my account option, which doesn't work.)  I've tried calling customer service, and they can't do anything.  There is no way to reset your account without the security questions, or so I have been told by customer service.

Pioneer

wow.. I just locked myself out too and I answered ALL of the question correctly.. Geezzzz....

Pioneer

I am locked out of my account.  I have entered the information as it appears on my return and still can not gain access.  I picked up my return from the office yesterday and they indicateed that I would have access to my paperwork online immediately.  How long will I be locked out and what should I do if I can't get in.  I need the paperwork to submit to another institution by 3/6/17

Pioneer

I had this happen earlier today. Long story to follow.

If you want the shorter version, search the email account you have registered with your HR Block account. If you have ever reset your password in the past, and if you still have the old password reset email from that prior reset request, it may be possible to regain access.

You may be able to gain access to your account via your phone by clicking the old reset link, then select to receive a new reset email, follow that link, enter your mobile number to which you can receive a verification code if HR Block doesn't recognize your device, select to receive a verification code, enter the code on your computer, and access your account again as normal.

Long version follows. I attempted to reset my password, but while attempting to do so, HR Block website stated that the computer I was using wasn't recognized, though it's the same one on which I've done taxes online for years. Evidently I don't recall the correct answer to the security question I was faced with, and after 3 incorrect answers, HR Block stated that my account had been locked for security purposes.

No helpful information whatsoever was offered as to what step to take next to get my account unlocked. What kind of lame crap is that? 

It didn't even let me get to the point where I could enter my password. We don't recognize your device, and if you don't remember the answer to your account security question, well, too bad for you.

Being one who hates automated phone menus, and seeing that others apparently received little help after calling 1-800-HRBLOCK, I started looking at past emails I had received from HR Block. Thankfully I had not deleted one from a password reset request years prior. With this, I found a solution. If I clicked the old password reset link while accessing my email via my phone, it took me to a HR Block page where it notified me that I had clicked an outdated password reset link (duh), and then offered to send me a new reset link. After clicking on the link on the new email, I was able to reset my password and access my locked account via my phone.

On my computer my new password didn't help. I still received the same notice about my account being locked, though I was able to now login as normal via my phone. Using the access I had to my account on my phone, I was able to provide my mobile number as an option to which I could receive security verification codes, to enter on the HR Block website to enable access for devices that weren't recognized. They also offered to send this verification code to the email address I had registered to my account.

Why didn't they offer that at the beginning when I tried to login on my computer? It would have saved me this whole headache.

After I entered the verification code sent to my phone, I again entered my login information on my computer. HR Block once more stated my computer wasn't recognized, but instead of trapping me with a security question I didn't have an answer to, it now offered to text or email me a verification code. Upon entering this second verification code I received via text, my account was no longer locked from my computer, and normal access to my account was restored.

All that because of a poorly designed security setup. Thanks, HR Block. Hope this helps someone else.

Highlighted
Pioneer

I'm locked out of my account, this resource isn't very helpful, seems like they want to strong arm your info, which is why I'm not using this company this year.

Tired of these crazy let downs, like never having the legal backing on a misfiling from 2013. A service I paid for. Now on hold with the most out dated music in history.