Your Life

Your Life

Major life milestones often have a major tax impact. Changes in your marital status, having a baby or adopting a child can have significant impact on your taxes. This is the place to ask questions about dependents, real estate, and other various scenarios that play a significant role in what taxes you pay.

Pioneer

I'm blocked out of my online account, need help

Need help

Associate (Council Member)

Re: I'm blocked out of my online account, need help

Hello poulsef.  Welcome to The Community.

You need to contact the client support team (specifically online/software support) at 1-800-HRBLOCK and they will be able to assist you in unlocking your account.

I hope this helps.  Good luck to you.

WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)
ale
Pioneer

i was blocked from my account access for answering questions wrong to verify my identity fo the myblock web. All the horrible customer service people said i could do is create another account to unlock it. guess what? didnt work. Can someone unblock my account or give me a direct line to someone who will have knowledge and better english speaking skills? I now have to my block accounts and still cant access what i need to from a previous years tax returns.

Tax Pro

Hi ale,

Welcome to the community.

The information that the security check is looking for is the information that you entered on your most recent tax return when you completed it.  Note that when it asks for your name it will only accept your first and last name so do not enter a middle initial or a suffix such as Jr or Sr.

You shoud be able to reset your password without verifying personal information, but you will not be able to access your tax returns without getting past the security check.

Also, if you've already tried to verify your information today then you'll want to wait at least 24 hours from right now before you try again so that your account will not be locked.

Unfortunately those of us that assist people here in the community have no way to go into your account and unlock it as we are all volunteers although some of us are also H&R Block tax professionals.  What I can do is offer you advice on how to go about that and provide you with an alternative.  In order to unlock the information in your account the only two ways are to (1) pass the security check or (2) call client services at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance as you have already done.

In the meantime, another option is to request your tax transcripts from the IRS.  You can request them online or by mail.  Online is instant and mail can take anywhere from 5 to 14 days.  Your tax transcripts will contain the information from your federal tax return but will not include your tax forms or state returns.  Tax return transcripts are free.

If you need information from your forms or state return then you can order a copy of your actual tax return which will include federal, state, and forms, by filling out and submitting Form 4506.  A copy of your actual return will cost $50.

I do hope this helps you out.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I'm blocked out of the verification part of my online account.  I tried to contact customer support, but wasn't sure how to respond to the automated system and was hung up on.  Now what do I do?

Pioneer

I made a long post in this thread on how I regained access to my account after being locked out. Hope it helps someone.

http://community.hrblock.com/t5/Your-Life/My-account-is-lock/td-p/33938#.WOl8iYgrI2w

Pioneer

I literally just made a community account to thank you for saving me. I needed my information due to insurance reasons, and fast, as in by 10am tomorrow morning. I was locked out due to losing my computer that had my account information written down and saved and apparently the answer to my security question was incorrect, which I know it wasn't. I had called h&r and they gave me the whole run around make a new account bull. Like has that worked for anyone?! This trick worked like a charm and I sincerely thank you.