Your Life

Your Life

Major life milestones often have a major tax impact. Changes in your marital status, having a baby or adopting a child can have significant impact on your taxes. This is the place to ask questions about dependents, real estate, and other various scenarios that play a significant role in what taxes you pay.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-06-2014

Form 1098-T

I claimed tuition credit last year for my son.  However, he withdrew and I got part of the money back.  I received a 1098-T with the Adjustment amount in box 4.  The problem is I have too much income this year and it wont let me enter it in the software.  Should I amend my prior year return?

Associate (Neighbor)
Posts: 960
Registered: ‎02-17-2014

Re: Form 1098-T

Thank you for your feedback, a tax professional would be best to assist you with this. You can go to a local H&R Block office and speak with a tax professional, or if you are a software client you can connect with a tax professional via chat or email. I hope this is a useful response and thank you for joing the Community!