Your Life

Your Life

Major life milestones often have a major tax impact. Changes in your marital status, having a baby or adopting a child can have significant impact on your taxes. This is the place to ask questions about dependents, real estate, and other various scenarios that play a significant role in what taxes you pay.

Valued Pioneer

Fall Accounting Internship

Hi,

My name is Marcus Rivera. I am an online senior at Keystone College and I am trying to apply for a fall, part-time accounting internship for this year. Do you have any of such internships open? If not, do you know of any accounting firms and the like that has fall internships?

Marcus Rivera
Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Fall Accounting Internship

Hi,

H&R Block is generally not open in the fall except for one or two offices in each area, and it's mainly experienced tax professionals that they keep on all year long.  You are welcome to apply for a job as a tax professional though if you plan on going into income tax.  If they hire you chances are you will start as a seasonal tax professional and work from January through April like I did during my first year.

Your best chance of being hired is to take the H&R Block basic income tax course which is offered this time of year.  Most district mangers hire people from that class at the end of the course.

If you're not sure which area of accounting you want to go into or if you know it's not tax then you might look at CPA firms because they will offer a little bit of everything and many of them offer internships for college students.

You can find more information on jobs and the income tax course on the H&R Block website.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)