Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your Finances

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: Questions About the Emerald Advance Line of Credit

Matt02,

You'll need to call our client support team at 1-800-HRBLOCK to discuss what options are available to you.

Thanks, JerryG
Alumni Associate
WillMc1

[ Edited ]
Hello Matt02,

Here is a link to the Emerald Advance terms and conditions:

https://www.hrblock.com/bank/pdfs/emerald_advance_terms_and_conditions.pdf

Hopefully this document will provide some helpful information regarding a temporary increase in your credit limit. I don't think it would be something that could be done online, but I've never been asked this question before so I am unsure of the procedure. Jerry is right to call customer support at the 1-800-HRBLOCK number, but you could also call the contact number listed on the back of your Emerald Card.

Good luck.
WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)
sergio

hi i wanted to know why i haven't been approved for the emerald advance loan could someone from the local office be doing something wrong. i used to get the loan and would pay it all back with the income tax. i wanted to try and get it this year but yet i was denied. could you tell me why

Community Manager
JerryG

sergio,

Welcome to the Community. You should have received a notice in the office where you applied which provides the specific reason(s) for the denial. The notice will also provide additional instruction on where to call to get more clarification on the denial reason, if necessary. If you would like to get another copy of the denial notice, you can go back to the office and they are able to reprint it for you.

Thanks, JerryG

Nikki74

Emerald Advance

I have been filing my taxes with HRBlock since 1997 I went to apply for the emerald advance and was denied stating that I have an outstanding balance (which i do not) so after contacting the bank they say my loan was paid off long ago also I have not had an advance in 3yrs. Emerald still states i have an outstanding balance. HR block tells me to go back to the office and have them reset it to no avail they say they can not and the decision is final. I will no longer file my taxes with HR Block I will seek another tax office or personal accountant.

HR Block does not care about losing long time clients

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: Emerald Advance

Nikki74,

Look for a private message from me.

Thanks, JerryG

Community Manager
JerryG

emerald card

kiki

I want to know how much income do you have to have in order to get the emerald advance

maggiemags74

regarding ability to buy cell phone minutes on hrblock banking website...

HELLO MY NAME IS MAGGIE MCININCH And i've been fighting with hrblock for almost a year now over 50$... i bought cell phone minutes from my home banking page one month.. no fees to buy the card no fees 50$ and thats it.. i'd be sent a pin or it would just automatically be added to the account and my service bought pd and applied for unlimited talk,text and web for the month... I call hrblock and say hey you deducted the 50$ but my phone is still off- they tell me to call "net10" I call net10 and they have no record of me buying that month.. I go down to the store buy another 50$ card from circle K and enter the info my phone comes on.. I call hrblock they say they can see that I pd the 50$ but that's the extent of their involvement if there is a problem call "net10" I call net10 again and they say the only purchase they see in the last 30 days for service is the 50$ purchase at circle k and the unlimited package code was added and being used.. I said yes but I had paid automatically from my bank and it was supposed to be applied they have no record.. I say you can see the 50$ deducted from the banking site and right beneath it you can see that I bought a net10 unlimited service card for 50$ and tax under it.. refund the 50$ .. they say they can't .. all they can do is refer me to net 10- net10 never recvd the funds so they can't do anything but confirm the unlimited package purchase I made at circle k.. I talk to hrblock again and no one knows who I'm supposed to talk to and then finally after being transferred 3x.. Im transferred to a # that no longer exists..
   IT HAS BEEN 8-9 MONTHS NOW AND I'VE NOT GOTTEN MY 50$ BACK.. AND THE ONLY PH# THAT I'M GIVEN IS ONE THAT IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE.. AND WHEN I TRY TO DISPUTE THE CHARGE I'M TOLD MUST DO SO IN WRITING THEREFORE I DID, HOWEVER WAS INFORMED IF THEY FEEL SERVICES WERE PROVIDED NO REFUND OF $ WILL BE MADE..  I'VE GOTTEN NOTHING BACK NO CORRESPONDENCE AND DEFINITELY NO REFUND OF THE 50$ THAT WAS DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT HOWEVER NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHERE IT WENT OR HOW TO GET MY $ BACK. 

SO WHEN YOU ARE ON YOUR EMERALD ACCT HOME PAGE AND YOU SCROLL DOWN AND SEE THE ADD CELL PHONE MINUTES TO YOUR PHONE.... I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SERVICE CUZ THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY BUT YOU MAY NOT GET YOUR MINUTES.... MORE THAN 9 MONTHS AND NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS AN APOLOGY OR AN INTEREST AS TO WHERE MY 50$ WENT.. DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOST PEOPLE'S LIVES ONLY KNOW THAT ALTHO 50$ MAY NOT MEAN THAT MUCH TO MOST... IT MEANS EATING OR NOT EATING, BEING WARM OR COLD ON THESE WINTER DAYS, HAVING GAS TO GET TO WORK OR NOT,MY CHILD HAVING BOOTS HATS AND MITTENS...

AS CONVENIENT AND AS MUCH AS I ENJOY THE CONVENIENCE OF HAVING THIS CARD TIL SOMEONE TAKES AN INTEREST AS TO WHERE THE HELL MY MONEY WENT... I WON'T BE PROMOTING USE OF IT... AGAIN 50$ MAY NOT BE MUCH FOR MOST PEOPLE BUT IT'S SO MUCH TO ME AND MY CHILD... 

SINCERELY, MARGARET MCININCH

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: regarding ability to buy cell phone minutes on hrblock banking website...

maggiemags74,

Please look for a private message from me.

Thanks, JerryG

Community Manager