Your Finances

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: Questions About the Emerald Advance Line of Credit

AlTheGrin,

The quickest route for an answer to your question will probably be our client support team at 1-855-294-5827. They should be able to assist and then help you schedule an appointment to fill out an application if you choose to.

Any community members have experience with AlTheGin's question and can offer him some guidance?

Thanks, JerryG 

AlTheGrin

I attempted to call in for more information. The automated system asked the zip code, and gave H and R block locations, but never forwarded me to an actual person to discuss.

Community Manager
JerryG

AlTheGrin,

Sorry you weren't able to reach a representative. I spoke with our client support team and they said you should be able to call the toll free number I gave you or 1-800-HRBLOCK, press 1 when prompted and then 0 when prompted again and a live agent should come on the line.

Please let me know if this doesn't connect you with the support you need.

Thanks, JerryG

dazedandbroke19

I recently went to get a emerald advance like last year. And was denied. The crazy part of it all is I still have apositive on my emerald card. have never recieved. any other line of credit or credit card. But shows that I have an oustanding with H&R. credit card. When i call can't. with my ssn. Help.

Community Manager
JerryG

dazedandbroke19,

Look for a private message from me with a suggestion for help.

Thanks, JerryG

joe58

I am very disapointed at being turned dow fora loan this year,i have been in the H&R family for over five year,s and have been satisfide wiyh the service . therefore if you can,t  help me in my time of need you dont,t deserve to do my taxe,s

Community Manager
JerryG

joe58,

I'm sorry to hear you were turned down for the Emerald Advance line of credit. I'm told by associates at our bank  that to make a credit decision several factors are considered including the applicant’s ability to repay, outstanding debts, prior credit performance and the applicant’s relationship with H&R Block and H&R Block Bank. UUnfortunately being an H&R Block tax customer does not guarantee your approval for the line of credit.

JerryG

axis

I have a direct deposit with H&R Block and have had for about 3 to 4 years now, during this time I have been able to aquire a $300 line of credit at least twice for the year round credit advane and was told it was ok to pay back during tax filling with H&R Block. I always recieved my advanced around November and always payed it back. But now it is gone and also Me and my wife cant even get the advanced against our taxes that offer up to 1000 that is not a year round advanced. I know this is based on credit history and relationship. What surprises me is the inconsistencies when I speak with someone you cant even understand ( Strong Idiana Languag acceint ). They become impatiant as also I. Im suprised that H&R block has created such a custormer support sustem. I am upset becuase we were denide this year and I am fed up with going to H&R block and forking over hundreds of dollars every year for the past 10-15 years and then I am denied for an advanced on our taxes which clearly show our consistancies and amount as to what we recieve. Coming this Febuary 2014 Both me and my Wife will stop our direct deposits and no longer us H&R Block for their service.

Axis
Valued Pioneer
KevinC

Axis, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and that you had a bad experience with customer service. The Emerald Advance is based on your income to expenses and credit history. Qualification is determined by the bank based on your ability to pay it back after looking at these factors. One thing to know is that while you can choose to pay down the line of credit using your tax refund, this is not an advance on your refund. That is why they look at your financial situation to determine if you will be approved or not. I know that this can be disappointing and we are sorry that it did not work out as you expected.  -Kevin

matt02

I was already approved for an advance but didnt get the full 1,000 is there anyway to apply for an increase on my advance preferre to do it .online