Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your Finances

Community Manager
JerryG

Questions About the Emerald Advance Line of Credit

[ Edited ]

Our customer service lines are lighting up with questions about our Emerald Advance line of credit, so I wanted to make sure you have all your questions answered. There's a great post over on our Block Talk Blog with more info, but I'm sure you have more questions we haven't thought of. Feel free to ask away here and I'll do my best to find an answer.

Cheers,

Jerry

onekama19

Re: Questions About Emerald Advance

when can you apply for an emerald advance?

Community Manager
JerryG

onekama19,

You can call 855-294-5827 to make an appointment now. Appointments begin in participating offices starting November 25th to apply.

Thanks, JerryG

marye

Do you have to be a current customer to be eligable for the Advance on your tax return? i just wanted to make sure before i go to my appointment because i was going to to use you all next tax season if i could get it.

Associate
WillMc

Hello marye. Welcome to The Community.

It is not required for you to be an existing H&R Block customer to apply for an Emerald Advance line of credit, and to be approved. The office staff prepares and submits your application and you will have your answer within a couple of minutes of your application being securely submitted online. If you meet the bank's criteria (which the office staff has no specific knowledge of), you are just as likely to be approved as anyone else.

On a side note, it is not mandatory to repay the Emerald Advance line of credit directly with your tax refund. Many people do opt to do it that way however, due to the convenience of that method.

Good luck to you.
adammindy3

Re: Questions About the Emerald Advance Line of Credit

I called my local HR block last week and I asked if I could schedule an appt for monday because my husband works from 2:30p to 4:30am and monday would be the best day...well that woman said "so and so has taken a couple appts but its a first come first serve thing"...now how can some people make appointments and people like my husband and I really need the apointment

Community Manager
JerryG

adammindy3,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to get the appointment time you wanted. Our offices have been scheduling appointments for a few weeks now so they could be filling up. I would suggest you call our toll-free number at 855-294-5827 and see if they can help.

Thanks, JerryG

katinadavis

HI JERRY I DID MAKE MY APPOINTMENT BUT I DIDN'T GET APPROVED. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD HELP ME WITH THIS.

Community Manager
JerryG

katinadavis,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get approved. Unfortunately as a member of the social media team I don't have access to client records. The only thing I know to suggest is calling our client support number 1-800-HRBLOCK. They may be able to assist you.

Thanks, Jerry

AlTheGrin

[ Edited ]

We were interested in this program, but were wondering how much the anticipated return plays into the approval process? We have less than pristine credit rating. However, we know that our anticipated return will be greater than the amounts being offered. We have used H&R for a number of years, and an office would have all of our previous records. We just don't want to waste everyone's time if the approval is based solely on credit ratings?