Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your Finances

kswearengin

Problems with Emerald Card

I have had my emerald card for a while... My returns from last year and this year were put on it. There are times/days that I am unable to access my balance/card info online although there are plenty of funds available. When I try and open it online, or in the app, it says I don't have a card activated with my account... but give it a couple hours and I am able to access it. This morning I tried to make a purchase with my card and it gave some weird message (didn't decline), and I was unable to use the atm to take out any money. Just tried to check it online and it says the same thing- I don't have a card activated. This is very frustrating. When I am able to use it again I will be withdrawing all funds and deactiving the card.

Associate
Cgordon

Re: Problems with Emerald Card

Hello - I am very sorry that you are having this experience.  I would like to recommend that you contact the H&R Block Customer Service team 1-866-353-1266 to specifically help with your issues. 

Thank you,
W. Gordon
lilmissie72

i have 19 purchases for the same thing this mornin that i did not approve or have knowledge of i tried to use my card to pay my netflix account and it says sorry there is a problem with ur card i need help with this immedeately i am disabled and my disability is derict deposited on it and i have rent and utilities to pay i have mising money close to 100 dollars and now the card doesnt work

Associate
Cgordon

Please contact the number on the back of your Emerald Card to review these charges with our Customer Care team.
Thank you,
W. Gordon
lied-to-customr

I was told by H&R Block that there would not be a fee for using the Emerald card, which is not true.  Now I am unable to get my tax return funds without paying Emerald's fees.  I reviewed Emerald's fee schedule to find that they have hidden fees, such as a monthly fee for card not being used, however you have to read the print at the bottom of the schedule under "Other."  Very shady.  The only way to get cash without fees is to request a check.  So I called Emerald's customer service to find out how to do this and the rep doesn't know what I'm taling about.  After waiting ten minutes for her to find out, she returns with conflicting info, still obviously doesn't know the process.  Hence, I don't trust Emerald to send me a check and will be paying a $25 fee just to get my money off their card.  What a scam! 

Associate
Cgordon

I am sorry there is some confusion on ways to withdraw funds from your card.  

The best way to use your card is to spend down the cash like you would a normal debit or prepaid card.  You can use the card anywhere MasterCard is accepted.  There is no cost to swipe the card and use it.

Another way to withdraw funds is to withdraw money at any Allpoint ATM.  Finally, you can also use a bank to withdraw funds. 

Please let me know if you have questions or if you would like to speak to one of our skilled technician. 

Thank you,
W. Gordon
Mrspaz

I am having a similar issue with my card. I can't access the app, make a purchase or check balance. I have called the customer service and number and I hear a recording saying that it is unable to assist me, try back in a couple hours. This is upsetting because i am stuck waiting to have access to the funds i know i have and there isn't anyone or any answers to help me.