Your Finances

reesejessi
Accepted Solution

How long to get money onto Emerald Card?

[ Edited ]

so does anyone know how long it takes the irs to load money onto a h&r block emerald card? i was told wednsday and not there do they only do it once a day

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: money

[ Edited ]

reesejessi,

Welcome to the Community. Have you contacted our customer support team for H&R Block Bank? It sounds like you've spoken with someone who gave you the date of Wednesday. If you'd like you can call and ask about your account status at 1-888-OUR-HRBB (888-687-4722) or send and email to our customer support center here.

In the meantime I'll see if I can find some additional information for you.

Thanks, JerryG

Community Manager

Community Manager
JerryG

Re: How long to get money onto Emerald Card?

reesejessi,

Did you get your refund loaded on your H&R Block Emerald card? From what I was told it happens just like any other Direct Deposit - a banking batch file is sent the day before the deposit is to be credited, said file is electronically processed overnight, and the monies are available the morning of the date of deposit.

If you haven't received your deposit I would recommend contacting the H&R Bank customer service at 1-888-OUR-HRBB (888-687-4722).

JerryG

Associate
CalebB

Hello Reese,

There are 2 parts to the equation with an Emerald Card: part 1: the IRS, part 2: the bank.

Upon accepting your tax return as filed, the IRS begins it's funding cycle.  Eventually this leads to your refund being issued in the manner chosen (or available) when you filed your tax return.  If choosing an Emerald card, it goes through direct-deposit which is the fastest method of getting your refund.

Then we get to part 2: once the bank has your money, the transfer to your Emerald card is extremely quick.  For the card your funds are available as soon as your refund is issued by the IRS.

For more information about the status of your return and refund I would point you to the H and R Block My account, or irs.gov "where's my refund?" tool.

afmcroberts

Actually it isn't a quick transaction at all. The IRS "Where's my Refund" app said I should receive my refund tomorrow, 2/11/2014. I called HR Block Emerald Card and they said once they receive the return, there is a 1-3 BUSINESS DAY waiting period so they can "verify" the return. In other words, it is NOT the quickest way to get your tax return, just a way for HR Block to accrue interest on our tax returns. I'm very disappointed in their product. A few years ago they were sued for this same thing. So perhaps it's time to look into an attorney.
Community Manager
JerryG

Rafa

Check the IRS.gov and it says sent a day ago so now where's my refund how long does it take for you to deposit my refund in my emerald card? Tomorrow will be 2 days
digger13

i was on the irs2go app and it said my return was to be sent to my finaical instution 2/12/14. and now as of 2/14/14 i havent recieved a dime ive called the number on the back of my emerald card and they keep giving me the run around of 21 days and its frustrating me to no extent. i finally got kinda a straight answer today they said they still havent received anything from the fedral tax place but if it says it would be in on the 12 i should give it 3 to 5 days not business just regular days to see my money on my emerald card 

Associate
CrystalA

Good morning, digger13. 

I know this can be frustrating. This year, the IRS has changed their process to show you the date the funds were sent. Since we still require processing time to get those funds identified and posted to your account, you should expect to see your refund posted within 5 business days from the date the IRS has posted. 

I hope that helps. You can enroll in text alerts on your Emerald Card so that you are notified as soon as those funds are available on your card. Go to hrblock.com/emeraldcard to enroll. 

I hope that helps. 

Crystal A

The Emerald Card Team

digger13

CrystalA,

yes that actually helps alot but i do have a question that wasnt answered since the sent date of my refund was 2/12/14 which was wednesday and you say it should be there 5 buisness days it would be there tuesday 2/18/14 or is it gonna be wednesday the 19th cuz of the holiday