Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

state tax refund

I files my taxes weeks ago. I got my Federal return within two weeks. I have yet to get my Minnesota refund

Tax Pro

Re: state tax refund

Hi joyanneannette,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

There are a couple of reasons why you may not have received your state refund yet.  First, if you had fees being deducted from your refund then your state refund may have been taken to cover the fees.  This has happened to a few people this year.

The other possibility is that your state return was selected for a review as part of the ongoing effort to crack down on tax refund fraud and identity theft.  Many states are delaying some or all refunds for anywhere between 30 and 90 days for the same reason that the IRS held federal refunds that included the earned income and additional child tax credits.  Minnesota is not one of those states as far as I know, but it is always possible that they held your refund for this reason.

My suggestion for you is to check your state's "Where's My Refund?" tracker on their department of revenue website.  If it says that your refund was paid then the next step (if you had fees being deducted from your refund) is to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK and inquire about where your funds are.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Re: state tax refund

So what does it mean when my state wheres my refund page says it can't find your refund and if everything entered is accurate to check back in 2 weeks as they are busy? Filed electronically on 3 30 17 with no fees taken out.