Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Esteemed Pioneer
Accepted Solution

state of NJ

My taxes form the state of NJ were accepted on 1/24 and it indicates on the H&R block website expected refund date 2/14.  On the state's website in tindicates that no refunds will be issued until after 3/1.  I was wondering if anyone knows if that is the case for all state taxes or just the ones claoing EIC or ACTC.

Tax Pro

Re: state of NJ

Hi Stephan07_,

Welcome to the community.

Your state has it's own policy that is similar to the federal PATH law that prevents the IRS from authorizing EIC and ACTC refunds until February 15th.

New Jersery refunds will not be released until March 1st across the board, for all state tax returns.  This is in an effort to combat tax refund fraud and identity theft.  E-filed returns will take at least four weeks to process and returns sent in the mail will take at least 12 weeks.

So it looks like you'll be waiting on New Jersey for a while.  I'm sorry the news couldn't be better.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Highlighted
Esteemed Pioneer

Re: state of NJ

Thank you