Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Trusted Pioneer
Accepted Solution

conflicting refund dates with HRB/IRS

[ Edited ]

ive looked on the IRS website and i have one bar since 1/13 (day irs accepted me) i filed with you guys on the 6th of jan. now when i go to your website or app it states that my return was completed on 1/19 and when i call the refund number for HRB it says my return has been complete and processed and you are just waiting on my funds to be released. NOW to me that means ill be getting my money but thats not what the irs site reflectes. im confused does this mean that my taxes are complete with the IRS or just complete in YOUR system and if its just complete in YOUR system why the different date of 1/19/17? Do i go by the date of 1/13 or 1/19?

thanks in advance (hope this made sense lol)

Tax Pro

Re: conflicting refund dates with HRB/IRS

Hi amandalee,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The best way to go about knowing when to expect your refund is to watch for updates on the IRS refund tracker.  The IRS is in complete control once your return has been e-filed and Block will not update until your funds have been released.

The normal amount of time for processing at the federal level is 21 business days.  It can be faster, but with all of the tax refund fraud & idenity theft that's going on out there they are watching returns carefully so it likely will take the full 21 days.  Once the funds are released they are usually deposited into your bank account or onto your Emerald card within 24-48 hours.  A paper check from the IRS takes 1-2 weeks after return processing is complete.

Did you claim earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit?  If so then you will not receive your refund until the last week of February at the earliest.  This is due to the new PATH law that went into effect this year which prevents the IRS from authorizing refunds for these types of returns until February 15th at the earliest.

I hope that I've bee able to clear things up for you on this topic and if you have any other questions I'll be glad to help you out.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Trusted Pioneer

thank you!!! No i dont have a child and i make way too much to get EIC. i do own my own small biz as well as work a full time job. its just never taken so long to get a refund or date and the date of the 1/19 kinda threw me off when i saw it on your site... HOWEVER you didnt explain why i even have that date of the 1/19 lol

Highlighted
Pioneer

My filing date has changed 3 times. Did u recieve refund?