Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Your Return Status.

I E-filed on 3-27. Both my Federal and State returns were submitted, I got the H&R email stating as much. I went back on the H&R website to verify the status, and it was, and still is, PENDING. The H&R website still states the IRS will process my return within 24-48 hours. It's been almost two weeks. It's never taken this long for the IRS and FTB to accept the returns.

10 minutes after I got the E-Mails from H&R mentioned above, I got two identical emails, also apparently from H&R, with this text:  

Dear, Giesterfarher. (Not my real name...)

At H&R Block, we take privacy and data security seriously. Because of our commitment to protect your personal information, we need to speak to you before we continue processing your return.

Please give us a call at 877-844-0529, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT, and Saturday-Sunday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.

Thank you for choosing H&R Block. We appreciate your business.

I suspected a Phishing scam, so I did not call. Should I have?

Thanks for your time.

Re: Your Return Status.

Giesterfarher,

Welcome to the Community. Did you file online or with software or in an H&R Block office?

Harold

Pioneer

I filed online, using H&R Blocks website. Same as I have been for 8 years. I'm more curious about the email I get 10 minutes afetr I filed than anything else. Was that sent from H&R block or not? I don't see that phone number listed anywhere here, and I'm not going to call a number that I was sent via email unless I'm sure. 

Giesterfarer,

This is a legitimate email and you should call the number.

Harold

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]

This is just wrong, When you file your return online on HR block, the site tells you that it transmitted your tax return but then some time after that they send you a message to verify your information, for all I knew my tax return was transmitted but I was concerned with the email that I didn't see until the next day so I called and yes, they say they didn't really release my tax return because they needed to verify my identity. Verifying my identity is perfectly fine, the BIG problem here is that the site makes you believe you are done and you just have to wait for it to be approved in 24 to 48 hours, I can only imagine a class action. This is going to happen for all those that file at the last minute and they find out the next day that HR block didn't really transmitted it because they were waiting to verify your identity, it is time to stop using HR block.