Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Where's my refund?

I filed a refund last year and received nothing, even though I qualified for it. My Illinois return was rejected despite giving the correct information on my state identification card. I received an email saying that a federal refund was in process, but my bank account doesn't show a refund. Is there a way to rectify this situation? Do I need to make calls to someone to fix this?

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Where's my refund?

Hi MayraASan,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Once your tax return is filed the IRS is in complete control.  The refund comes from them, not from H&R Block, so your best bet to find out what's going on with your refund is to track it on the IRS "Where's My Refund?" tracker on the IRS website.  The email may actually have said that your return was still processing, and that can take up to 21 days.

Note that if you have a past tax debt, a past student loan debt, a past child support debt, or a past bankruptcy debt your tax refund will typically be seized by the IRS and applied to your debt until the debt is repaid in full.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,
Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Re: Where's my refund?

can you please let me know when i should get my refund