Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

We elected Direct Deposit and now I got a message I will be getting a check

We selected to have our money put in directly into our bank. Yesterday I received a text from H&R Block that the direct deposit was sent to the bank and today I got a text that my refund check has been mailed and I will get it in 7 days.  The IRS site said the money was sent to the bank. I am confused.

Tax Pro

Re: We elected Direct Deposit and now I got a message I will be getting a check

Hi vivisandana,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

All you need to remember here is that your refund will automatically be paid by check if there is any issue that prevents a direct deposit.  Disregard any emails and texts and go by the IRS' "Where's My Refund?" tracker.  The emails, etc. have been somewhat inaccurate this year likely due in part to the new PATH law that required that refunds for some taxpayers be held until February 15th.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,
Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)