Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Return on Emerald card

[ Edited ]

Good morning,

My taxes were completed and accepted via email on 2/15/2017. It is now 2/24/2017 and I still do not have my refund. I was told I would have the refund on my account within 21 days of course. However the gentlemen that was helping me do my taxes at the H&R Block branch told me that it normally does not take that long. This is true because last year i got my refund in a couple of days. I generally file a 1040EZ however because of my 401 K it changed to a 1040A. Could the change in filing be why it is taking so long? Also I checked my Refund Status Results and it has a bar that says Return Received, Refund Approved and Refund Sent. The progress on the bar has been stuck at Return Received this whole time? it has not progressed to accepted or sent? I just want to make sure that my refund is indeed being worked on?

Re: Return on Emrald card

noderdame09,

Welcome to the Community. From what you describe it sounds like the IRS is processing your return. From the IRS.gov website's Frequently Asked Refund Questions:

Q8: What is happening when Where’s My Refund? shows the status of my refund is: Return Received?
This means we have your tax return and are processing it. Your personalized refund date will be available as soon as we finish processing your return and confirm that your refund has been approved. We issue most refunds in less than 21 days.

I can't say if you switching from a 1040EZ to a 1040A made any difference. I would suggest checking Where's My Refund once a day as the IRS recommends.

Good luck to you.

Harold

Pioneer

Re: Return on Emrald card

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the insight and help.

Have a good day.