Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Refund?

So I mailed my return off and it says it was picked up on February 17th. It finally showed received march 8th or 9th. I'm still getting the generic message that my refund is still being processed. This week will be the 6th week. Anyone have a fast turn around time ona paper return?
Tax Pro

Re: Refund?

Hi Simonemask99,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The fastest time I've ever seen on a paper-filed return was four weeks.  The timing is usually the same as e-file except for 2-4 extra days transit time.  However, if the IRS is reviewing your return it may be a little bit longer.  They manually review one out of every ten returns for accuracy, but that doesn't mean that anything is wrong with your return, it just means that was selected to be looked over.

If your return was an amended return (Form 1040X) then it can take up to 16 weeks, but I have seen the IRS turn an amendment around within about 5 weeks on more than one occasion.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)