Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-10-2017
Accepted Solution

Paid surveys taxable?



Are cash rewards for filling out paid surveys (e.g., Swagbucks) considered taxable income, and which form/box do I fill if it is?



Thanks in advance,



Trusted Council Member
Posts: 6,191
Registered: ‎02-23-2016

Re: Paid surveys taxable?

Hi carolynsinman,



Welcome to the H&R Block community.


Yes, money received from paid surveys is income to you and it is taxable.  You should report the amount received on Line 7 of your 1040 return.  In the H&R Block software there is an option for income received that is not reported on a W-2 or a 1099-MISC, and you'll want to use that option if you don't receive a tax form reporting the income by February.  If the income was under $600 then the payer is not required to issue a 1099-MISC.


If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.



Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)