Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Valued Pioneer

My refund is due to be deposited today but the IRS says it is still being processed

I've never filed taxes before so this is all new to me. HRB said my expected refund date is today (3-28-17) but the IRS site says it'sstill being processed. What are the odds I will get it in the next 48 hours?
Tax Pro

Re: My refund is due to be deposited today but the IRS says it is still being processed

Hi Portland88,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Since the IRS tracker says your refund is still being processed you should go by their tracker.  H&R Block emails have not been accurate this year in part because of some refunds being delayed by the IRS due to the new PATH law.

The IRS tracker will update when you refund has actually been paid and that's when you should watch your bank account for your deposit or watch the mail for your check.

I'm sure your refund will be paid soon.  Normal IRS wait time is a maximum of 21 business days.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Valued Pioneer

Re: My refund is due to be deposited today but the IRS says it is still being processed

Today is 21 days

Portland88,

The IRS says that 9 out of 10 refunds are sent within 21 days of your return being accepted. Unfortunately some do take longer. Since it's been 21 days you can call them to inquire about the status. The IRS phone number is 1.800.829.1040.

Good luck to you.

Harold