Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Less refund due to filing agents fault

Hi - I did my returns along with ITIN for my wife. The agent who was authorized to do the ITIN verification put her wrong ID code while filing and as a result the ITIN application was rejected and i got less refund.

The agent is not responding to emails, I'm out of country so i cannot visit their office. What can be done to rectify this? Is there any HR block email i can send my request? I have received almost $500 less in refund. 

100% satisfaction or money back guarantee is the logo , i don't understand why its there.

Tax Pro

Re: Less refund due to filing agents fault

Hi Swap7878,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You can always amend your tax return to get your refund back once you've successfully gotten an ITIN number for whomever you needed one.  You have three years from the original due date of the tax return to file an amendment for an additional refund.

You do have the option of mailing the required information for the ITIN to the IRS yourself along with your next tax return, however to complete an ITIN application without a tax return you will need to see a certified acceptance agent.  There are agents in some foreign countries, and I can point you in the right direction if you can tell me which country you are in.

H&R Block associates normally cannot complete returns or ITIN applications or anything else through e-mail.  You have to do so either in person or online.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Re: Less refund due to filing agents fault

I'm in India now. Can you please let me know if there's any authorized agent here?

IRS need my passport for verification which i cannot send as i'm out of country, if any authorized agent verifies my documents here  it will be great help.