Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Tax Pro

Important Information for IOWA Tapayers

Hi everyone,

If you live and/or work in Iowa this will affect your tax return.

Iowa will be delaying refunds until at least mid-February.  As with other states this is to alllow for more time to for the state of Iowa to combat tax refund fraud and identity theft.  Iowa taxpayers who claimed the EIC or the Additional Child Tax Credit will not see their refunds until early March.

Here are the details:

• The Iowa Department of Revenue will not release refunds for those claiming EIC until at least the 1st week of March.

• Iowa taxpayers not claiming the EIC should expect their refund to be authorized within 21 business days.

• Iowa tax returns sent to the department of revenue by mail will take a minimum of 12 weeks to process.

• If an error is found on an Iowa state return it can take up to 6 additional months to receive your refund.

• You can check on the status of your Iowa tax return at any time by clicking here.