Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Tax Pro

Important Information for GEORGIA Taxpayers

Hi everyone,

If you live and/or work in the state of Georgia this will affect your tax return.

The Georgia Department of Revenue will not release refunds for most taxapyers for at least 90 business days.  This is in an effort to combat tax refund fraud & identity theft.  Georgia is among the states with the longest delays starting this year and with good reason.  Georgia saw over $17 million in refund fraud just during the 2016 tax filing season.

Here are the additional details:

• The Georgia Department of Revenue will begin processing tax returns on February 1st.

• All first-time Georgia filers and taxpayers who have not filed in Georgia for at least five years will not have the option of a direct deposit of any kind and will receive a paper refund check in the mail.

• Georgia taxpayers should not expect to receive their refund for at least 90 business days.  This means that, although you could be one a small crowd whom luck out and receive their refund earlier, you should not expect to see a refund from the Georgia department of revenue until June 12th at the earliest.

• The vast majority of Georgia taxpayers will be affected, but not all.

• This is not limited to returns claiming the EIC and/or the ACTC, but rather it is across the board.

• You can call 1-877-423-6711 at any time to check on the status of your state refund.

• You can check on the status of your state refund at any time by clicking here.