Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

IRS says refund was sent 2/22 H&R Block says I will not receive until 3/30

[ Edited ]

I have only ever gone to H&R Block to have my taxes done and I always do a direct deposit and I have NEVER had a single complaint; however, this year I forgot my checks when I went to file my taxes so I was made to get an Emerald Card to have my refund deposited onto. I've never dealt with an Emerald card before.... But the IRS website shows that it sent my refund to the card on 3/22; HOWEVER the funds have not been loaded to the card as of yet and in fact still says that "the IRS is preparing your refund.  We will update your status once your transfer funds have been deposited onto your card".  I've called both H&R Block and the Emerald Card number on the back and was told that  3/30 was my estimated date but my funds have already been released by the IRS...I don't understand?!  Anyone know how long it normally takes for the fund to be loaded to the H&R Block Emerald Card after the IRS has sent the refund?  I AM SO AGITATED AND NEVER WANT TO GET THE EMERALD CARD AGAIN!

Tax Pro

Re: IRS says refund was sent 2/22 H&R Block says I will not receive until 3/30

Hi shawnreynolds,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The Emerald card is just like a checking account and normal wait time is 1-2 days once the IRS releases your funds  It can be 1-2 days more if you had fees coming out of your refund.  Remember though that there's a weekend starting today too so that may also be part of why they told you 6 days from now instead of 2-4.

If your funds aren't available by the end of next week then that's when I would call that support phone number on the back of you card and ask what's going on.

A couple of other pointers for you here as well.  You can withdraw funds for free at 7-11 and CVS ATMs.  You can also get cash back for free and thousands of stores.  Another option for withdrawing larger amounts of money (since the Emerald card is a debit card) is to go to the Walmart money center or the post office and buy a money order made out to yourself and then deposit it in your personal bank account (most banks will also cash a money order for free if you have an account with them).

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Re: IRS says refund was sent 2/22 H&R Block says I will not receive until 3/30

I also had this problem so I called the IRS and they verified the release date, so I then talked to someone at Emerald card on Friday the 24 and was promised the funds would be posted to my account between 8 pm and 12 am on the 24 and that was not true either so the person I talked to told me wrong and I don't think it was right to do this