Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Tax Pro

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW JERSEY TAXPAYERS

Hi everyone,

If you live or work in New Jersey this will affect you this tax season.

New Jersey has a new law in place that is similar to the federal PATH law (the law that prevents the IRS from authorizing refunds until February 15th at the earliest in order to combat tax fraud & identity theft).  If you are due a refund from the state of New Jersey you will be waiting for a little while longer on your state refund than on your federal.

Here are the details:

• Refunds will not be issued by the New Jersey Division of Taxation for ANYONE until March 1st, 2017.  This applies across the board, not just to those claiming EIC and Child Tax Credit.

• E-filed NJ returns will take a minimum of 4 weeks to process, and you will likely receive your refund by the end of the 6th week at the latest.

• Returns that are mailed to the New Jersey Division of Taxation will take a minimum of 12 weeks to process, and you should receive your refund by the end of the 14th week at the latest.

• Once the minimum processing time for your tax return has passed you can call the NJ Division of Taxation at 1-800-323-4400 to inquire about the status of your refund.

• You can check on the status of your NJ refund online at any time by clicking here.
Highlighted
Tax Pro

Imoortant Information for NEW JERSEY Taxpayers