Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

How do I know if the IRS has recieved my return?

I filed at an H&R Block office over a week ago.  I was told I would receive an email from the IRS letting me know they received my return.  I still have not received any emails from the IRS.  Using H&R Block's E-File Status check, and the IRS' Where's my Refund check, it appears my return is no where to be found.  I have asked my tax preparer about this, but she has not been very helpful.  How can I check to see if the IRS truly received my return?

Re: How do I know if the IRS has recieved my return?

gunslinger71973,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried checking the status of your return on the IRS.gov website? https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Harold

Pioneer

Re: How do I know if the IRS has recieved my return?

I tried checking both the H&R Block site and the IRS site.  Both sites could not find anything on my return.  I had to contact another H&R Block office and I spoke with a different tax preparer.  I showed her my paperwork, and she was able to look up the return in the H&R Block system.  She discovered the return had been prepared, but it had not been sent to the IRS.  I have contacted my original preparer, and I have informed her what I learned.  I'm still waiting for confirmation that my return has been sent.