Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Filing

I was not aware that i had to ask for an extension but H&R Block said that i filed but now its saying there is no state return file with H&R Block so im trying to find out what can i do? is it too late?

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Filing

Hi latasha,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You can absolutely file a state tax return even though it's late.  You may have to pay interest & penalties if you owe tax so if you owe anything you'll want to file the return as soon as possible.  Most states will not assess penalties if you are due a refund.

You can use the downloadable H&R Block software for the year in question if you would like.

Note that some states do not impose an income tax, so if you live in one of those states you won't need to file a state return.  The states that do not impose an income tax are Florida, Texas, Nevada, Wyoming, Washington, Alaska, South Dakota, Tennessee, and New Hampshire.  Note that Tennessee & New Hampshire do impose a tax on investment income.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)