Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

E-File Pending

My Block refund status says my return was sent to the IRS on 2/11, and it has been in "E-File Pending" since 2/12. Is there any reason why my return hasn't been accepted yet? I had no changes at all from last year except I made less. I did split my federal refund into two accounts, but I don't know why that would matter?

Would be E-file be pending because of anything to do with Block, or is it with the IRS and they are just taking their time reviewing it? Should I just go into an office for this? I couldn't figure out how to chat with someone and I attempted to call but being at work and having a hold isn't idea.

Help is great, thanks

Tax Pro

Re: E-File Pending

Hi stevecameron5,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You are correct that something is not right with your tax return.  Normally an e-filed return is accepted within 24 hours at the most, but it's usually within the first hour.  If there was an issue such as an invalid identity protection PIN number then that could hang the return in "pending" status for a day or two but it would reject within two days at maximum.  If you applied for an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) for anyone in your tax family that is the one situation I know of in which your tax return can be in "pending" status for an extended period of time.

My suggestion for you is to speak to a support agent who can find out what's going on with your tax return.  The link below will take you directly to a chat support agent.  You must use it by 5pm central time today or you will not be able to use the link again until Monday as chat is shut down over the weekend.  If the agent can't find the problem then you'll want to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and ask them if the return has been received or not and then go from there.

ONLINE CHAT SUPPORT

Hopefully this helps you out.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I filed my taxes since 2/8/17 - Along with other family members and the return is just on pending status since 2/8/17 --- When I check irs page for where's my refund it indicated my taxes have not been received.  How can this be going on not only for my but family member and a friend ?????

Not sure what the issue could be but I believe it is on your end.

alsoria,

Welcome to the Community. Unfortunately we don't have access to client accounts in the Community. You will need to contact H&R Block client support at 800-HRBLOCK. They will be able to look up your account and assist you.

Harold

Pioneer

I have filed also since Feb 12, 2017 it is now March 9 and still pending. I checked IRS Where is my refund and it cannot find my return.

I think a lot of folks is having problem with this. I paid $29.00 for this service. What is happeningg this year?