Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Did not recieve refund

Hello,

It was stated that my refund was direct deposited in to my account Feb 23, 2017. I called my bank and they had no transactions from Feb - now. I called the automated service and the H&R block phone service stated that it was in process and would take 3 -5 days to complete. I need to know what is going on and why it is taking so long to get my refund.

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Did not recieve refund

Hi carlos99508,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Have you called support at 1-800-HRBLOCK?  The agents there are the only people who have the necessary access to find out what's going on.  We are all volunteers at the community level including those of us who otherwise work for H&R Block.

One possibility is that if you had fees coming out of your refund the bank may have taken your refund for that.  Another possibility is that the IRS took it to pay down a past debt that you have.  A third possibility is that there was just a mix-up within H&R Block, in which case this should be cleared up soon, at least I would think.  The only other possibility that I can think of is that there was an issue with direct deposit, in which case you would have automatically been sent you a paper check.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)