Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Code 152

Filed on jan24 2017 and return was accepted 2 hours later. Now it is Feb 7, 2017 and the return has still not been processed. Today, there is a 152 code on the where's my refund page. I have a very straightforward return with a w2 from a major employer and have always gotten my refund within ten days of filing. What does this mean? Thanks!
Associate (Neighbor)

Re: Code 152

This is the page on IRS tax topic 152: https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152.html

There's nothing unusual within the topic it's just an outline of normal refund process.

Regards,

Caleb

Pioneer

Thanks for the reply, but why the delay? Never experienced this before. It seems like the IT'S should spell out on your my refund page exactly why there is a delay I stead of linking a vague refund code.
Highlighted
Esteemed Pioneer

There have been numerous posts in the past several years of individuals getting that code on their status (including myself) - to then receive their refund DDD or the refund itself within a few days of getting that message.  Check it again tomorrow and see what it says.