Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Can't submit to Tax Pro

My return is ready, but would like a Tax Pro to review it (it's the only reason I picked H&R Block).

In the FILE tab, the last step is "Send your return to your tax pro." (with a series of steps before). But when I am ready (uploaded my documents, paid for tax pro, chose how and when to pay IRS, etc), the question is "Click Next to file your return now". It says *file*!!! Not "submit" to tax pro.

I've chatted with 3 different agents. None had an idea of what I was talking to.

I repeat: I followed the regular process, picked my Tax Pro (Nancy Malaga), but it seems that before I can submit to her, the system forces me to file with the IRS.

Did anyone else experience the same issue? How do I get someone to review my taxes?

Re: Can't submit to Tax Pro

nico1,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with Tax Pro Review. Look for a private message from me.

Regards, Harold

Pioneer

Can you help me as well?  The online program wants me to pay what I owe the IRS before it will send it to my tax pro.  I think I made an error somewhere, and that is why I paid to have a tax pro look at it.  Is there a way around this?

Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]

I called (thank you Harold for suggesting that!), finally talked to someone who knew something, and essentially:

- when it says "click Next to file", it will NOT file, it will just submit to the Tax Pro (if you selected this option). The agent reassured me that it will only file to IRS after many more steps, one of which being some sort of "captcha". I'll also note that another agent kindly called me today (based on this post, I suppose) to help me, which was much appreciated.

Now, I'm waiting for her to contact me (it's been 24 hours).

But seriously H&R Block, I'm pretty mad, for several reasons:

a) UPDATE YOUR TEXTS! Don't write "file now" if it's just sending to a Tax Pro

b) TRAIN YOUR SUPPORT STAFF. I had the feeling that they had never used the system before and were just copy/pasting (over, and over, and over) answers from some KB.

c) - slightly unrelated: check your workflow: why do you HARASS your customers to know which bank account and filing date they'll use before their tax pro has even reviewed their taxes. One thing at a time, please. 

Valued Pioneer

I am having the exact same problem. It is so frustrating! I have always used H&R Block, but it is a shame the software is no longer intuitive. I will try what you are doing and hope for the best.

Valued Pioneer

Now when I go to the file page, it takes me to file an extension, but I don't want to do this. How do I get out of this loop?