Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Highlighted
Pioneer

CP05 Notice in received in February- Then NOTHING

I filed mid- end of Jan.  Beginning/ Middle of February I received a CP05 notice and then no further communication from the IRS.  I call for more information and I am instructed to call back in 45 days if I haven't relieved any more communication.  I have been calling every 30 and 45 days as instructed only to be told to call back in 30- 45 more days.  This has been going on since February.  Is there some sort of time limit my return can be kept in limbo? Or is this my real life now:  Calling the IRS every 30- 45 days only to be told to call back in 30- 45 days- like a scene from "The Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray   I have a substantial refund due as I didn't work for several months, but when I was working I was taxed at a much higher tax bracket so my income for the year is really low compared to the withholding.  I get the flag and the review, but seriously... when does it end?  Any suggestions as to what I can do or expect? Or should I just give up and realize I am insignificant in the eyes of the government that relies on my tax dollars to survive and will never see this money again?