Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Highlighted
Pioneer

CO State tax refund is not available

I used HRblock to file my federal and state tax forms. I remember the software said I will get around 2000$ state tax return because I got married last year. But after several months later, when I called the Colorado tax office, they said they indeed received my mailed forms and the status update, but their system said my tax return is 0$. I don't know why there is such a big difference. How should I know which is correct?

Tax Pro

Re: CO State tax refund is not available

Hi chaosma,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The only way to know for sure what's happened with your state return is to see the return that you prepared and then see what the state changed.  Usually the state will send you a letter stating what they did, why the changed the return, or both when something like this occurs.

You can request a copy of your tax return from Colorado by clicking here and filling out Form DR5714 (Request for Copy of Tax Return).  Colorado will send you the most up-to-date version of your state tax return, and if you compare that to your return that you did then you should be able to see what was changed.

Did you ask on the phone why the refund amount was reduced to $0?

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Re: CO State tax refund is not available

When I made the call, they didn't mention why, just said it's system record. I will fill the form and ask for a copy. Thank you!