Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Re: Where is my Amazon Gift Card???

After how long? How long did you had to wait after refund drop.datw?
Pioneer

What's the number.to call?
Pioneer

The IRS sent my refund to H&R one month ago. I called their Bank and she gave me a case number and said I would get a call within 48 hours. It's been 8 days. I'm beginning to believe I'll never see my $400 dollars.
Pioneer

Where is my AMAZON GIFT card

I have seen a couple of posts on here about problems with the AMAZON GIFT Cards has anyone ever found a solution for this? I chose a $500 Amazon gift card but had nearly forgotten about it my REFUND was in my account 7-10 days ago but I still have no gift card and Idug through every SPAM and TRASH message to make sure I didnt miss it . Any help is greatly appreciatted

Pioneer

Re: Didn't receive Amazon gift card

I received my refund last week from the IRS; and no gift card.  The promotion specifically said ‘once the IRS refund was processed, you would get your gift card’.

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Card

I'm having this problem too. 

There is almost zero information available about the finer details of how this works. Add a single "How do I receive my Amazon Gift Card refund?" entry to the FAQ or something. I didn't pay for the premium filing service to be ignored like this!

Pioneer

I received my Amazon email 4 days after my refund balance was direct deposited. For what it’s worth, here’s what I tried.

I preemptively added gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com to my contacts list in Gmail to ensure the message wouldn’t go to spam. Three days after the direct deposit I contacted H&R Block on Facebook and asked if they could help since it had been three days. They replied back with a generic “wait 48 hours then call level 3 support.” I didn’t call. About 24 hours later I got an email from gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com with my gift card.

Good luck, everyone.
Pioneer

Greetings Good People of HR Block. I received Part of my Refund Yesterday April 4th 2018 in my account. Waiting on my Amazon Gift, I shop alot on amazon thats why i opted for the Giftcard Option and the Bonus was also tempting. I would really like to have my Amazon Giftcard on time. Please looking into me getting my Giftcard on time Please email and user name is benjaminphicks@juno.com

Regards
BENJAMIN P HICKS

At least I'm not alone.  But knowing the pervasiveness of this problem has completely put me off of HRB.

I've filed my taxes with HR Block for several years. 

This year I thought I might as well take advantage of the bonus since I do shop frequently on Amazon. 

I elected to take half my refund as an Amazon gift card and to have half deposited to my bank. 

The portion sent to my bank arrived on April 2.  No notice of the Amazon card ever came.   

On April 19 I called HR Block.  It took a lot of hanging around on hold, but finally a woman named "Melanie", who sounded competent and concerned, gave me a case number and assured me someone would call back within 24 hours.  They didn't. So much for Melanie's competence.

I called back today (April 23).  After nearly an hour of hanging on hold and being transferred around, I was told my case had been closed the same day I opened it and I would just have to call Amazon.  (So why wasn't I called back and notified at the time?)

Or , the person offered, I could talk to a higher level of case management.   (Wow, wasn't that big of them?)   I said "Of course", because what the heck is Amazon going to say if I call them directly randomly asking for money?  I was again put on hold.  Finally I talked to another person who had no idea what I was talking about, even though the previous person said she would brief the next contact.   I was then told I needed to be transferred to still another department .  While on hold AGAIN, I was cut off. 

I found this community board and am somewhat relieved to see that at least a few people report getting their cards after lengthy delays.  But it shouldn't be like this.  It looks like this sort of "Customer Disservice" is normal for them. 

I will NEVER, EVER use HR BLOCK again for any reason and I am going to warn people off them as much as I can.  

Meanwhile, I wait.  And I thank the person who posted the  phone number for a higher level of customer disservice.  I will try that when I can be civil. 

Esteemed Pioneer

It's remarkable that this thread has 9 pages of responses and not a single response from HRB with any input or concern at the magnitude of their mistakes. Not a single person in here to provide accurate information on their end.