Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Cards

Same here, I was looking at forums from last year and it seems that the email could take up to two weeks to be sent. So I got my partial direct deposited on the 14th and am expecting the gift card code no later than the 28th.

Pioneer

Didn't receive Amazon gift card

Hello,

I have already received my tax refund and I did not receive the email with my Amazon gift card code.

I called the 1-800 number and was told I will have to just wait. No time frame just "wait for the email"

Also ... why is it that when I called the agent I spoke with seemed to know nothing about how this program works. I have been using HR Block for years, I am really starting to contemplate going elsewhere due to poor customer service.

This will definitely be the last time I participate in this promotion.  

All I want is a valid explanation as to why I have not received the gift card that was promised.

Smiley Frustrated

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Card Problem

With us all having so many problems, why aren't they fixing this.  There is no help anywhere.  I am very confused.  Some of us dont like to be on the phone for an hour to just be hung up on.  Where are our amazon gift cards?

Pioneer

Re: Didn't receive Amazon gift card

I too am wondering what is going on.  Nothing is helping and nothing explains what is going on.  I search for it everyday, and I think I speak for others in that being on the phone for a half hour and being hung up on is NOT helping.  We do this service for a reason.  We need a little more knowledge of what you guys are doing with our money.  Thank you.

Esteemed Pioneer

Amzon Gift Card

I still do not have the amazon Gift card

So as a long shot I am going to post here. I have spoken to at least 13 different help desk people, called in 8 times, been on hold more hours then I would like to count. I have been yelled at. talked down to . placated. told to wait for a call back . told that it has been escalated. gotten case numbers. called back more and given the run around. 

I was told I would get it 3-7 days after my federal was deposited and that time has long since come and gone, I was told to wait till the 16th when they would have a list of gift card information ( only to be told when I did call back on that date that who ever told me that had no idea what they were talking about) . I was told to notify the IRS because H&R block doesn't actually issue the refunds ( also a lie as far as the amazon gift cards go ). I've been overly patient and along the way dealt with a few very awesome employees who it seems are doing their best only to call back and deal with people who are awful and rude. I'm so frustrated with this entire process. How is there not a way to check on these things? this is not the first time that they have offered this as an option. 

Esteemed Pioneer

Re: Amzon Gift Card

I'm on hold yet again . now being told my name is being added to a list that could take up to two weeks to get the email sent back out. This is awful customer service. every time I call I get different wait times . no answers. brush offs. I answer the same questions every time to each person and no notes are being made to my case. I have never dealt with a more disorganized customer service. 

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Amazon Gift Card

First, it is important to note that the IRS can take up to 21 days from the date your return was accepted to deposit your refund. The Amazon Refund Bonus Gift Card can take up to 48 hours from the date the refund was deposited to be e-mailed to you.

If you have already received your partial refund from the IRS, check your Spam/Junk/Promotions e-mail folders for the e-mail from Amazon. The e-mail subject is “H&R Block sent you an Amazon.com Gift Card!” The e-mail will be sent from gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com.

If you have not received your Amazon Refund Bonus Gift Card there are several steps to take.

Make sure your return was accepted. If you are unsure your return was accepted, follow the appropriate steps below:

1. Log into your account.
  2. You should see your e-file status on this screen, if you do not, click Check Status.

Software

1. Open your software.
  2. Under “Your saved 2017 returns” you should see your return and its’ status.
  3. If you do not see the status or the status is not updated, open your return and click E-file Status in the upper-right corner of the screen.

Check the IRS.gov Where’s My Refund tool to see if anything changed with your refund.

1. Go to IRS.gov.
  2. Click "Where's My Refund" (on the right side of the page in the Filing & Payment section).
  3. Click "Where's My Refund" on the next page.
  4. Enter the requested information to determine the status of your refund.

The site will provide you with information about your refund (changes in deposit date, adjustments to amount, etc.) including numbers to call if you have further questions if the date or amount changes.

The IRS Where's My Refund site will also give you a date range within which you should expect to receive your refund. The earlier date shows when the funds were sent and the later date is when you should expect to see the Amazon Refund Bonus Gift Card within 48 hours of.

If you received or are receiving a check from the IRS with your full refund amount (including the amount that was supposed to be designated toward Refund Bonus), this means that the IRS was unable to provide your refund via direct deposit. Direct deposit is required in order for your Refund Bonus amount to be funded.

If you have any questions about why you received your refund via paper check instead of direct deposit, please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-0922.

If you have received your refund, it has been over 48 hours since you have received it, and you saw no changes using the IRS.gov Where’s My Refund tool, please contact us at 1-800-HRBLOCK so we can further assist you.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Didn't receive Amazon gift card

First, it is important to note that the IRS can take up to 21 days from the date your return was accepted to deposit your refund. The Amazon Refund Bonus Gift Card can take up to 48 hours from the date the refund was deposited to be e-mailed to you.

If you have already received your partial refund from the IRS, check your Spam/Junk/Promotions e-mail folders for the e-mail from Amazon. The e-mail subject is “H&R Block sent you an Amazon.com Gift Card!” The e-mail will be sent from gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com.

If you have not received your Amazon Refund Bonus Gift Card there are several steps to take.

Make sure your return was accepted. If you are unsure your return was accepted, follow the appropriate steps below:

2. You should see your e-file status on this screen, if you do not, click Check Status.

Software

1. Open your software.
  3. If you do not see the status or the status is not updated, open your return and click E-file Status in the upper-right corner of the screen.

Check the IRS.gov Where’s My Refund tool to see if anything changed with your refund.

1. Go to IRS.gov.
  2. Click "Where's My Refund" (on the right side of the page in the Filing & Payment section).

The site will provide you with information about your refund (changes in deposit date, adjustments to amount, etc.) including numbers to call if you have further questions if the date or amount changes.

The IRS Where's My Refund site will also give you a date range within which you should expect to receive your refund. The earlier date shows when the funds were sent and the later date is when you should expect to see the Amazon Refund Bonus Gift Card within 48 hours of.

If you received or are receiving a check from the IRS with your full refund amount (including the amount that was supposed to be designated toward Refund Bonus), this means that the IRS was unable to provide your refund via direct deposit. Direct deposit is required in order for your Refund Bonus amount to be funded.

If you have any questions about why you received your refund via paper check instead of direct deposit, please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-0922.

If you have received your refund, it has been over 48 hours since you have received it, and you saw no changes using the IRS.gov Where’s My Refund tool, please contact us at 1-800-HRBLOCK so we can further assist you.

- Matthew
Associate (Pioneer)

2. You should see your e-file status on this screen, if you do not, click Check Status.

Software

1. Open your software.

1. Go to IRS.gov.

- Matthew
Esteemed Pioneer

just a FYI I called the IRS about mine and they have nothing to offer you in reference to the Amazon gift cards. It has nothing to do with the IRS. I have been working at trying to solve this for over two weeks with nothing but a run around from H&R Block. I have now involved Amazon. I've told them that H&R Block has blamed them for the delay and faulty emails even though they couldn't personally assist me Amazon is starting to assign a representative to look into these claims. If anyone has any further information please reach out to me. I've escalated the claim as far as they are seeming to let me and I'm about to the end of my rope with the level of customer service I Have received this far.