Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Valued Pioneer

Amazon Gift Card

I signed up to get the Amazon Gift Card with my refund. The refund total matched and nothing changed, however I never received an email or any information in my HR block account for this. How long does it take to receive this? I've had zero luck getting a hold of anyone and there is absolutely NO information online regarding this. 

Pioneer

Amazon Gift Cards

I 've already received part of my refund. But where is the Amazon gift card part and, when and how will I receive it? I wish there was more explanation of how this option works on this site. Hopefully I wont have to wait for this very long.

Thanks,

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Cards

I am having the same worries.  No information on how long it will take.  There should be a way to tie in your amazon account so the money can go right into a gift card once your return is accepted.  I don't want to call about it yet so I am hoping someone on here can help me.

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Card

I'm having the same issue. I got my refund on the 8th, and haven't received any emails about the gift card. I've spoken with three chat representatives and called only to be 'transferred' to a department who could resend the email, but really I've just been on hold for 30 minutes and counting. I'm getting very angry and wishing I hadn't signed up. This isn't worth an extra $20.
Valued Pioneer

Their customer service is absolutely horrible. I finally sent a message on Facebook and got an answer back. They said if I don't get it within 24-48 hours after getting my refund, to reach back out--but I did receive it shortly after that. I would message them on Facebook and see if you can get anything expedited. It's bothersome that there is no information on the site or in our accounts regarding this. Amazon even has a banner about the gift card and the 5% back but NO other information is provided. 

Valued Pioneer

Also, the chat reps don't seem to know anything about it. They started going on about how tax returns work and that I can't claim that money. I think they were really confused. I also sat on the phone for a good 45+ min before I had to hang up. Facebook is honestly the best answer. 

Pioneer

Thanks I'll try Facebook. Currently still on hold. 😑
Valued Pioneer

Good luck! Hopefully they can get some sort of information out there, it's something that really needs to be addressed. Smiley Sad 

Pioneer

yeah having the same issue. I decided to have 100 bucks deposited in a gift card. I was told via CS that 230 bucks were taken out of my refund - 94 for hrblock, 40 for DD, and another hundred for "fees." HR block is keeping it apparently. if so will be the last time i ever use HRblock

Valued Pioneer

Yeah I only went with them this year because it was cheaper. If you still had enough for the $100 towards a gift card, they should be honoring that without a question. This whole process has been a mess and I agree, it's the last time I'll ever deal with them. I switched from Turbo Tax because it was cheaper but it DEFINITELY hasn't been worth the headache and lack of customer service.