Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Cards

I messaged H&R Block on Facebook and they responded with this message: 

" good morning and thanks for reaching out to us. Please contact our Tier 3 Team at: 1-855-343-9549. They will be able to further assist you regarding this matter. Thanks. -TB"

I haven't called yet, but will update after I do.

Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Followup:

I called the number for Tier 2 support on Monday afternoon.  The number is 1-866-606-3400.

I talked to a very professional lady named LaTasha who apologized for the difficulty.  I was on the phone with her for half an hour or so as she looked for the infomation she needed.  She put me on hold many times, but kept checking back in to make sure I was still there and understood that she was still working on it. 

She ended the call by giving me a case number and told me that someone would call me in 24 to 48 hours. 

The 48 hours ended yesterday and I was preparing to call back today. 

However, at about the 72 hour mark, I got an email with the redemption code for the Amazon gift card.  I went to Amazon, entered it, and the money was added to my gift card account!    So, all is well. 

Although LaTasha did a great job, I'm still too disgusted with HRB in general to ever contemplate doing business with them again.  The poster above me was right:  Not only should this problem never have happened in the first place.  HRB should never have let a thread like this go for nine pages without putting someone on the problem.  This is completely irresponsible. 

To those still looking for a solution, call Tier 2 support at 1-866-606-3400.  Hopefully you'll get to talk to LaTasha or someone else as efficient.  

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

I have received my refund (less the GC amount); I have not received my gift card. It has been 3 weeks. I have done everything you have listed here. I have reached out to customer service 3 times and am given the run around every time. You are holding MY money hostage and I will be contacing a lawyer if I do not get my gift card of the rest or my refund in the next week. 

Pioneer

I also have never received the gift card and have been lied to and hung up on. Its now May and my refund was issued by the IRS back in March. It's starting to look like H&R Block is just keeping customer's tax refunds.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Card

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I encourage you to all do the same. 

Hi all,

I was worried about this, went back through my email and found the gift card code. The email was from

gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com

so check if you have any emails from this address. The gift card code was the full amount plus the bonus. I hope this helps.

Signed up for Amazon Gift Card refund with bonus option. Applied $200 of return to it. Fed return deposited 4/26/18 showing $200 less than return's total. As of now - 5/21/18 - no email from Amazon or HR Block regarding what should be a $210 gift card. Used Feedback form TWICE and got no reply communication from HR Block despite requesting it.  And here's the real kicker: THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT H&RBLOCK ONLINE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM! No telephone number, no chat window (that works!) and no official replies here either! NOTHING!  Terrible!!!!  

Attached is my proof! I don't care who sees it.  But I do care that H&R Block sees it!  TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE SERVICE. 

Tax Refund Deposit 2018

BTW....  With the exception of a few years, I've used H&R Block tax software since it was Personal Tax Edge in 1991.  

I'm in live chat with someone now. 

Finally. 

Getting directed to tier2 phone call... 

"Actually Mark, it is looking as their department is actually busy over the chat. What I could do instead is provide you a direct number and then you would give them your case ID and let them know you need to be sent to tier 2. Would that be okay?"

MARK PREUSCHL: fixing this has been incredibly difficult. It's also the longest thread in Community Help Forum.

https://community.hrblock.com/t5/Where-s-My-Refund/Amazon-Gift-Card/m-p/104042/highlight/false#M1415

MARK PREUSCHL: Let's do what needs doing to get this done. No surprise they are busy considering.

"I definitely understand, Frank. If you call this number: 1-855-897-8639, you will be connected right away and they will be able to send you over to tier 2 to get this resolved."

MARK PREUSCHL: I'm Mark - not Frank - let's hope I have the right Case number. 

"My apologies, Mark. I completely got mixed. I can assure you the case ID is fully documented properly for you. " 

At least the chat was fast and efficient. Let's hope the call will be also. 

Associate (Pioneer)

Hello,

We truly apologize that you had this experience with regard to your amazon bonus. In some cases the email does not get sent out in the expected time that we provide and with that we have to manually request the email to me sent to you but in order to do so we need to verify information off your account. If possible please give our Escalations team a call at you earliest convenience.

The number is 1-866-606-3400 we are available M-F from 7am-7pm

Thanks

The H&R Block Support Team

Nicole- Social Media Lead Kansas City. Mo