Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Trusted Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Accepted now missing

I originally filed my taxes on 1/13/17. I got an e-mail on 1/17/17 that said my taxes were accepted and I went to the IRS website "where's my refund" and it showed my taxes were accepted.

I realized I messed up my taxes and went back online to see if I could make a change before realizing I'd need to do an amendment instead. 

Now when I go to the IRS website/Wheres my Refund, it says they have no record of my info.

Tax Pro

Re: Accepted now missing

Hi skeberk,

Welcome to the community.

Sometimes during processing you will not see any information in the refund tracker.  It will update again when your tax return is finished processing.

If it goes beyond 21 days (or beyond February 28th if you claimed EIC and/or ACTC) then you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and they will be able to look and see what's going on with the return.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Trusted Pioneer

so it's normal for it to show up one day on the WMR and then to say a few days later that theres no info?

skeberk,

Yes that is normal. The IRS has a great Frequently Asked Questions section related to Where's My Refund:

Q10: Does Where’s My Refund? always display my refund status with the tracker showing three steps?
No. In some cases the tracker graphic will not be shown if your return is being reviewed prior to step two: “Refund Approved,” and instead an explanation or instructions will be provided depending on the situation. This can happen even if you previously checked Where’s My Refund? and it showed the status as “Return Received” along with the tracker. In these cases be assured that we have your tax return and we are processing it. Please follow the directions provided by Where’s My Refund? . Otherwise if we need more information we will contact you – usually by mail. If we send you a letter about your return, please follow the instructions in the letter as soon as possible.

I hope this is helpful.

Harold