Where's My Refund?

Where's My Refund?

Have you submitted your tax return? Wondering where your refund is? This board is the place to find helpful links to understand the return process and how to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you have a question about how to submit your taxes, please be sure to post general questions in All Things Tax and DIY questions in DIY Products.

Pioneer

2016 taxes never received

Submitted our 2016 taxes as early as possible this year, was finished well before April, but was never actually accepted until June.
Unfortunately we forgot about our taxes at this point until October, as we had never received the auto-deposit into my checking account for the Federal Taxes. Once I had realized the situation, it was too late to pay the Basic service $30 fee to receive my State taxes as well...again tho, NEVER getting a check in the mail or the bank deposit that was set up thru the online tax service by H&R.
Please let me know if this sounds familiar, or some way to possibly finish and finally get my 2016 taxes! Thanks.

Pioneer

Re: 2016 taxes never received

I STILL have not received my 2016 refund.  

Valued Pioneer

We e-filed our 2016 taxes on 4/6/17 with H&R, and the IRS site said there was no record of our return in their system. As of 5 minutes ago, they are still telling us theres no record. so I logged H&R and they show the return as e-filed so I decided to view the return but they won't let m unless I pay for it!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I have a copy at home of course , they will never get another dime from us! IDIOT'S!
Tax Pro

Executive,

Have you check "Where's My Refund?" on the IRS website to see what the status of your tax return is?

If it does not show anything then regardless of whether or not you already filed the return you should print and mail a copy of your tax return to the IRS immediately so that you can be sure they get it.  You can still get a refund for 2016 if you are due one.

Tax Pro

Barryd1968,

I'm sorry that this has happened to you.

You should be able to view a copy of your 2016 tax return in MyBlock under the "history" tab.  If you go to an office to get a copy of your tax return that was filed there then yes they can charge you for a copy and it's usually $20.

The important thing right now is to get the IRS a copy of the tax return so that it can be processed.  Regardless of whether or not the return was previously e-filed you should mail a signed copy to the IRS immediately.  You can still get a refund for 2016 if you are due one.

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Hi jharrie7,

For 2016 you can download the state software for your state from the H&R Block website.  Then complete, print, and mail your state tax return.  You'll need to download the federal software first if you do it with the software.

If you would rather do it for free, which I can certainly understand, you can try calling support and requesting a free download (tell them what happened).  If that doesn't work then if you can tell me which state you need I'll get you a link to printable versions of the forms (you can usually find them on your state's DOR website).

As for your refund from the IRS, you should first check with them to see if it was sent to your bank.  You can call them at 1-800-829-1040.  If they say they never received the return then print and mail a signed copy to the IRS immediately.  If they did receive the return they will be able to look into the situation and tell you why you haven't received anything.  If the IRS received the return & they tell you that the refund was sent then should be in the bank.  If you had fees coming out of your refund though then you would have to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK to find out what's going on.  I would help you out further if I could at this point, but since we are all volunteers at the community level (including those of us that work for H&R Block) I nor any of the others have the necessary access to look into this for you.

I filled on02/10/2017 and never received my refund. I paid HR Block quite a bit to do my taxes and I belive it'll be the last time I use them. No one online or in the office can tell me what happened.