Health Care

Health Care

How do health care reform and taxes connect? The Affordable Care Act is single largest change to the tax code in two decades. Find help navigating the complexities of the new health care legislation, Medicare, Medicaid and other medical deductions.

Pioneer

health insurance marketplace statement

I have a question. The last answer given to me was great at finding the info except ,i have run into a quandary, ,i am not sure how to fix. I have 2 statements one for my wife and one for me. she had a silver plan, i had a bronze plan. Same insurer.  I entered the info for both of us, but when i go to the part where you enter form 1095--A III it asks for the amounts from columns A,B,C,. What i don,t understand is where to put amounts from both statements. there is only spaces for one set. and they are different. When it asks for monthly premiums amounts, do I add amounts from both sheets together, or what am I missing. I expected places to add A,B,C for each sheet, but there is only spaces for one. I am using Homeowners/Investors software , much obliged for any help

Council Member

Re: health insurance marketplace statement

There are instructions for this exact situation on page H-28 (page 5 of 6) in this IRS information: https://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmedia/teacher/premium_tax_credit_form_8962_4012.pdf .  There are more detailed instructions in the instructions for Form 8962 here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8962.pdf starting on pages 13 (if the amounts are the same for each month) or page 14 (if the amounts aren't the same every month).

Basically, when entering the info on form 8962, you'll add the amounts from the two 1095-As for Columns A (which will be entered in column a of Form 8962) and C (which will be entered in column f of Form 8962). For Column B, the numbers on your and your wife's form should be the same. Do not add these together, just put the number that's on the 1095-As in the box for Column B in the software.  If there isn't a number in column B or they're different, see the instructions for Form 8962 I included the link for above.

Karen