Health Care

Health Care

How do health care reform and taxes connect? The Affordable Care Act is single largest change to the tax code in two decades. Find help navigating the complexities of the new health care legislation, Medicare, Medicaid and other medical deductions.

Pioneer

Rejection Code F8962-008

Hi. I filed and got rejection code 32-FD-F8962-008. From looking at form 8962 done in the software it seems the software rounded figure in Line 8a up & shouldn't have. Could this be the problem? If so how can I fix it. the software want let me overide the form.

Thanks

Trusted Council Member

Re: Rejection Code F8962-008

Hi joee5967,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

This code means that either something was calculated incorrectly or it is possible that the IRS is looking for an unrounded number.  The online software is not going to let you override anything.  You can override in desktop by right-clicking on the space that you want to manually enter information into.

If you can provide me with a line by line list of Form 8962 and a line by line list of your 1040 page 1 (income section only) then I'll gladly double check all of the calculations for you manually.  You may send this information in a private message by clicking on my name if you would like.  This way I'll see your reply faster and also nobody else will be able to see your information.

If you have any additional questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I have Messaged you my Info. Thanks for your help

Trusted Council Member

Hi joe5967,

As we discussed in our private message, you actually have a couple of miscalculations and you're due about $10 more in premium tax credit than you thought.

Your percentage on Line 5 of Form 8962 is incorrect.  It should be 146%, and that led to your figure on line 7 being wrong as well.  That figure should be 0.0383 according to the 2016 instructions for Form 8962.

So your line 8A & 8B numbers did come out incorrectly, but not because of rounding.  They are actually supposed to be rounded to the nearest dollar.

Since your tax return rejected you should be able to go back into the return and make the corrections to Form 8962.

Louis

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

I am having the same rejection code: 32-FD-F8962-008 but I have gone over form 8962 and the IRS worksheet rules and I can't find anything wrong with the numbers. They all seem correct and rounded up correctly.

This has been rejected three times now, but I don't know what on line 8a or 8b that they think is wrong. 

I hope I'm not using up my five free e-files that came with the software version I bought each time I re-efile am I?

EDIT: 

I looked again and found that the program was incorrectly rounding up the amount on Form 8962, line 8a (which was 1032.495)  to 1033. I overrode the amount and rounded it down instead to 1032 and re-efiled return. (Despite the program warning me that overidding the amount would preclude efiling)

It was accepted this time. I'm not sure if there is a bug that rounds it up instead of down, or if the IRS and H&R Block have different roundiing rules, but at least I have fixed the problem in my case.

Pioneer

I also received rejection, but after overriding form 8962 and since HR Block program rounded up line 8a when it should have rounded it down I had to override the form and resubmitted. It was accepted. 

Why is it when you google this rejection code HR Block is the first few subjects to come up about it. HR Block needs to fix this problem. I spent several hours looking for the problem. This is BS.

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Mine had been rejected 2  times, why can't someone send a update to fix this????Called H&R Block no one has yet to help me fix this.  Need to know what to open, what to type in? How do we fix this glitch?????