Community FAQ

0 Kudos
Started ‎11-21-2016 by
Modified ‎11-21-2016 by
  1. Do I use the community if I have a customer service issue?
  2. I have a product support issue, do I use the community?
  3. Can I share my tax information and Social Security in the community?
  4. Will I be charged if an H&R Block Associate responds to my post?
  5. What if I get a wrong answer to my tax problem and I end up in more trouble?
  6. Will the IRS see my posts?
  7. Must I be an H&R Block customer to participate? 
  8. Will H&R Block customers get a preference in the community rankings? 
  9. Can my posts be used in H&R Block marketing material? 
  10. If I am an awesome community member, can I work for H&R Block? 
  11. What if I am a seasonal H&R Block Associate?
  12. I posted in one board (ex. “Your Life) and now my post is in another board (ex. “All Things Tax”), why did it move? 
  13. Can I access the community outside the United States?
  14. How do I know if another user works for H&R Block? 
  15. What if I have a tax EMERGENCY?
  16. Will being a part of the community affect my tax return? 
  17. Can I invite friends to join the community?
  18. Why does H&R Block have a community?
  19. Es esta comunidad en español?

20. I posted a question and an H&R Block Associate never responded, what should I do?
  21. What does the green square icon next to a username mean?

1. Do I use the community if I have a customer service issue?

The community is not a dedicated customer service channel, we would be happy to address your issue at http://hrblock.com/support/index.html. In the community you can interact with peers for further information and feedback regarding your issue but our customer service staff will not be monitoring the community regularly for issues.

2. I have a product support issue, do I use the community?

This community does not have a dedicated area for product support and our support staff are not regularly monitoring the community. You can find our official product support at http://hrblock.com/support/index.html.

3. Can I share my tax information and Social Security in the community?

No, do not share your social security number or any personal information (such as date of birth, address, etc.) with anyone in the community. H&R Block associates will not ask nor require you to publicly disclose any personal information in the community. Please report to a moderator if you witness someone in the community asking for this information.

4. Will I be charged if an H&R Block Associate responds to my post?

This community is free for anyone to register and post. Our Associates participate on a volunteer basis so any posts or engagement you have with them in the community will be not be charged or associated with any paid product and/or service.

5. What if I get a wrong answer to my tax problem and I end up in more trouble?

This is not the place for tax advice. Any information or answers sourced from this community in any dialogue is to be used for informational purposes only. We wish for you to use the community only in addition to professional advice and careful consideration of your own tax and financial situation. The community bears no responsibility for the validity of any answers posted. See the Terms of Service for details: http://www.hrblock.com/universal/terms.html

6. Will the IRS see my posts?

The community and its posts are available and open to be read by anyone with an internet connection. Assume that the IRS or any agency, company and individual may be reading your posts. If you don't want your content posted on a highway billboard, do not post!

7. Must I be an H&R Block customer to participate?

No you do not, we encourage anyone to join the community and add to the conversation. You will be required to create a free MyAccount which will allow you to post and reply in the community but you are not obligated to purchase or solicit any H&R Block service.

8. Will H&R Block customers get a preference in the community rankings?

As a member of the community your status as a past or current H&R Block customer has no bearing on community rankings. Rankings are based on active community participation. General rule for rankings is that if you try your best to share valued information that is recognized and thanked by your peers then you ranking will improve.

9. Can my posts be used in H&R Block marketing material?

We are here, and we are listening to you. We want to hear your great ideas. H&R Block reserves the right to use community comments, ideas, suggestions, products or services that are posted in this community without any obligation to compensate the individual or entity that provided the comment or suggestion. By posting content to the community, you represent and warrant that such content does not violate the H&R Block Terms of Service and Code of Conduct: http://www.hrblock.com/universal/terms.html

10. If I am an awesome community member, can I work for H&R Block?

If you enjoy talking about taxes and helping people, check out our Careers page: http://hrblock.com/career/index.html or visit a local H&R Block office. Community participation does not automatically qualify you or anyone for employment but it's certainly a good sign that you like to spend your time with us!

11. What if I am a seasonal H&R Block Associate?

Participation by Block Associates is voluntary. As an employee, seasonal or year-round, your time and activity in this forum cannot be directly compensated or tied to job performance. This is a space that you should feel comfortable to add your voice and share expertise in any of the discussion boards. To participate, all Associates agree to abide by the rules of the Code of Business Ethics and Conduct. For more information about best practices, refer to available training material on the intranet.

12. I posted in one board (ex. “Your Life) and now my post is in another board (ex. “Your Job”), why did it move?

Moderators have the ability to move posts from one board to another so the posts stay on topic. You might have posted a topic that better belonged in another board. This is done to ensure other users interested in a specific board are seeing relevant topics posted which gives you a better chance of getting a desired response.

13. Can I access the community outside the United States?

Sure, you may access the community anywhere with an open Internet connection. However, please understand that community moderation and H&R Block Associate participation is currently limited to English and Spanish.  

14. How do I know if another user works for H&R Block?

You will be able to identify H&R Block associates and Tax Pros in the community by visual markers by their username. Look for a small green block icon next to a username. Also look for their username to be in green color as well. Anyone else claiming to be an H&R Block employee without these markings, please report to the moderators.

15. What if I have a tax EMERGENCY?

We encourage that if you need an immediate response please call 1-800 HRBLOCK or any available resource you would choose to reach out for financial emergencies. The conversation here in the community may take time to respond to your question or issue. If you manage to successfully resolve your issue, feel free to share appropriately back in the community.

16. Will being a part of the community affect my tax return?

Participation and registration with the community has no affect on the status or processing of yours or my tax return. This community has no affiliation with the IRS or any State Treasury offices.

17. Can I invite friends to join the community?

Of course, anyone can register for the community that abides by the Terms of Service. The more the merrier!

18. Why does H&R Block have a community?

H&R Block knows that many questions and events come up about taxes more than just between January and April. We wanted to create a space that anyone could feel comfortable in having a conversation about taxes and your money year-round. Our associates and Tax Pros are also volunteering their time to add on to the conversation and help more people stay informed about doing the right thing.

19. Es esta comunidad en español?

Sí, esta comunidad también habla español.

20. I posted a question and an H&R Block Associate never responded, what should I do?

Our Associates participate on a volunteer basis and are not obligated to respond to any or all questions. They will do their best to get back to questions within their area of expertise and hopefully more questions as the community grows.

21. What does the green square icon next to a username mean?

A green square icon indicates that user is one of H&R Block's Associates. Associates are volunteering their time to participate in the community. While they are H&R Block Associates, the community is not an area where they may give tax advice. Associates can post and answer questions but their responses are not to taken as any form of advice.

Contributors